Traditions we've fallen into:
1. We say I love you more than any phrase we use. We're planning to keep that one going.
2. We split the cooking and cleaning up. We both enjoy cooking and cleaning, which is extremely convenient. I often find myself hogging the cooking or cleaning and Meghan will persistently push for me to let her. We hope to keep this one going as well.
3. We read the scriptures together every night before we fall asleep and then we pray together. Often, one of us has fallen asleep during the act and wakes the other as they finish. We also pray together in the morning before one of us heads off to school or work. We cherish this tradition.
4. We love biking, whether on the Rocky Mountains that protect us from all around our home or on the streets and through campus at BYU. We just love cruising and feeling the wind through our hair (while we still have it).
5. Family home evening. Even with just the two of us, it's always a special time to reserve Monday nights for teaching, learning, and playing together.
6. TV shows, we love following TV shows. Current shows we enjoy are Lost (finished it all), Sherlock, The Amazing Race, and Modern Family.
Traditions we're experimenting with:
We haven't been married very long and don't know yet how Christmas, Thanksgiving, and all the other holidays will play out as we start to add on kids and friends.
1. Christmas concerts? We'd love to attend a planned Christmas concert every year. This year we're hoping to attend the Piano Guys Christmas Concert in SLC. We always hope to make it to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert, but these days you can't really plan that.
2. Visiting Temple Square? Also one we've discussed and hope to do yearly with our kids as they come :)
3. Sunday dinners? We have family and friends around us always prying at our schedules trying to get us to attend their event, we may have had one sunday dinner with just us since we got married. We like it this way for now, but one day we'll be having our own family Sunday dinners. :)
More traditions to come I'm sure. We just love being together and feeling the constant support of our friends and family. We wish we could spend a lot more time with each member of our families, but unfortunately mortality limits us for now.
Updates:
I still work at Qualtrics and love it, some times. Hardest job I've ever had and most exciting job I've ever had. If I ever do leave, I know I'll miss it and the people I work with. I need to remind myself of that more. While I work there, I'll never have to buy new clothes. I think I've accumulated 9 T-shirts, a jacket, hats, socks, back pack, bags, soccer jersey, basketball shorts, etc. Not much they haven't given me to wear.
Meghan is still crushing it at school, doing great on her exams and staying on top of her studies. I hope our kids have her study etiquette and beautiful brown hair.











No comments:
Post a Comment